Crosscutting Concepts is delighted to sponsor this webinar introducing the latest in sensor-based science education tools. databot™ is an affordable and exciting solution for engaging students in genuine scientific explorations using sensors!
Webinar: CO2 Science with databot™
Meet databot™, a tiny brilliant cube packed with sensors that fits in the palm of your hand and streams real-time scientific data to your smart devices. In this webinar you’ll learn about an interdisciplinary science series that provides students with hands-on experiences in chemistry, earth science, life science, and environmental science using scientific sensors and engaging challenges. The common thread through all of these activities? Carbon Dioxide! This unique curriculum works for in-class or remote learning environments with students ranging from 4th to 8th grade.
Important Practices to Master: We will also touch on the critical importance of data literacy in the webinar. One of the three cornerstones of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) are the eight Science and Engineering Practices that are identified as essential for all students to learn. Importantly, the 4th practice is Analyzing and Interpreting data. Whenever students are conducting data oriented activities such as those using databot™, they are learning to collect and analyze data – an invaluable skill that can be applied to any career of the 21st century. The more comfortable we can make our students when interacting with data today, the more successful they will be tomorrow.
Fill in the form below to register for our upcoming webinar on CO2 Science!
Join Crosscutting Concepts and databot™ for This Exciting Event!
- Date: Thursday, October 22nd, 2020
- Time: 3:00 – 3:30 PM EST
Webinar Details: This fast paced 30-minute webinar will discuss:
- databot™ and its onboard sensors and accessories for teaching both science and technology as well as the free software used, Phyphox. Instructions for how to acquire and use this free software will be provided.
- A walk-through of the interdisciplinary CO2 Science curriculum modules that cover Density of Gases, Climate Change, Human Respiration, Indoor Air Quality, and Chemical Reactions.
- Several case studies and use models for classroom or virtual application.
- A highlight of why databot™ is so well suited to virtual learning applications.
- The NGSS 4th Practice.
- Question and Answer Session.